Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Favorite Children's BIble

My friend Dayna told me about this Bible and I love love love it! It is called "The Children's Illustarted Bible". Stories retold by Selina Hastings. Illustarted by Eric Thomas.
I have been reading (in my big girl Bible) in the Old Testament this year and am currently in Deut. Im not goona lie, I have enjoyed reading the kids Bible with them to fill in some of the blanks. I'm kinda slow! The children's Bible shares alot of detail and puts more detail and historical info on the side of the pages for the older kids.
If your family is in need of a new Bible, this one is my fav. I don't know about your house but our family devotion time tries to turn into a time of distraction and annoyance. We try to make our times in the Bible fun and stress free. I think the enemy shows up to get on our nerves. Don't give up and pray to ask God to give you grace and patience. That's my plan. They are small so dont keep them sitting for too long. Last night the kids were acting up during our time int the Bible and James and I laughed and said "so this is what is was like for our parents?!." :0) Keep going, friends. It may not be easy but it is def worth it.

No comments: