Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's been a good week

Today is Saturday and I can not believe it! Where did the week go?
Well, we went to church Sunday night and enjoyed the concert as a family. The songs were beautiful and ministered to me! We thought the kids were all better but we did not want to worry the nursery workers so we kept the two and three year olds with us :) Yes, we did bribe them and tell them if they sat still we would bring them to Brusters (ice cream)afterward. We were pleasently suprised and very proud when an older man told us our kids were the most well behaved kids he had ever seen - ha! Ice cream works. We headed for Ice cream where we heard the wonderful news that Hope had asked God to save her and she became a child of HIS. No longer an orphan but a child of the KING of KINGS. Praise the Lord! We are blessed at the moment to be helping hope along with the Warren King family. Hope is blessed with many people who love her and want to help her. We are thrilled to watch everything God is doing for her and we know that HE has great things in store for her and for all of us (you included!) as we trust and obey.

So, of course, Erin puked again sunday night and we were very glad that we did not put her in the nursery. The doc said that this virus would come and go. The great news is that it has gone for good now! I mean it this time :) Conor is forever washing his hands now bc he does not want to get sick again (a good thing of course!) I saw him eating a flower the other day and I was able to say "Do you want to get sick again?" He said "no no no no!" I said "well, let's not eat the flowers ok?" That was the end of eating flowers! He knows how sick he was and he does not want that to happen again.

Monday brought a wonderful suprise. My big brother Kevin stopped by :) He was on his way from up north heading home to GA and he was able to stop in and see my new house and my family. What a blessing and a beautiful suprise.

We had our first 'marriage' small group Monday night. I just finished the Captivating study with some girl friends from church. Afterward we decided to do the Love and War couple's study by the same authors. It was nice to be back with my girl friends. It was really awesome to have our hubbies with us and we were joined by some new friends. The night was refreshing and James and I feel blessed to be a part of these marriages - we get to pray along side them for growth.

Conor got to go back to school this week. It was neat for him to hear of so many that were praying for him and he felt very special that his teacher and friends missed him. He has been taking swimming lessons and he hates how cold the water is but he is listening to the instructor and by the next set of lessons he will be able to swim all by himself. Crazy! It is amazing to watch your baby grow - a mazing!

This week Conor said to me "mom, i love the smile you had on your wedding day." aweee :0) There is a pic of James and I in the living room and he noticed how happy I was with daddy. We were at the park and he was telling the other kids that I was his mom and he was so proud! James said he did the same thing to him at the children's museum this week. We are cool at the moment. I am sure the day will quickly come when we 'lose our coolness'. But until then - I'm a rock star! It's a blessing to raise these kids. Conor was talking about his future brother. God knows who he will be but we do not. Lord, please protect our kids from danger and please help all of our kids know how much you love them. We hope to foster/adopt in the years to come. Conor knows that and he looks forward to having more family :)

Erin likes to turn on the hose outside and make a mud pit. I really should snap a pic but I am too busy giving her a lecture.
I saw Conor run from inside the house to the back yard and he looked like he needed to use to loo. "Emmmmm Conor??" We don't go to the bathroom behind the tree when we can easily use the 3 bathrooms mere steps away! I couldnt believe he ran from inside to outside to pee! What kind of kids am I raising?!?!

We had some other happenings but I have told you enough about the week. We have had a few financial mishaps (as ya do). Trip to the ER, 150 dollar medicine, broken lawn mower, ants that will not go away, a few more things... which led me to think about couponing once again. I'm going to give it a try this week and I will write about my findings in the weeks to come.

We are all very very excited here today because my mother is coming to visit from across the sea - Ireland. Granny is coming monday night and we cannot wait. I am already sad that she will only be here a week. I know. I need to happy she is here and not sad she is leaving. I'm working on it. Really.

That was our week. Busy, fun, mostly puke free, inspirational... Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In ALL of your ways acknowledge HIM. And HE will direct your paths. Prov 3:5,6

No comments: