Friday, April 29, 2011

last thoughts on mam's trip - promise

I had a lovely time with mam. We fit a year of fun in a few days. Shopping,Making healthy meals together and shakes, lots of tea drinking, lots of mam rocking in the rocking chair. Some goodwill shopping where mam comes out with bags of 'treasures'. I said will the girls (my sisters) kill me when they see what you bring home? We exercised a few time with jillian from bigest loser and the p90x abb workout. That was funny let me tell ya! Our trip to dollywood where the first group we hear were irish?!? hello? we came to dollywood not for irish music. We did get to hear a few good groups and one of mam's favorites was sights and sounds from dolly (a dvd that she was also able to buy). We heard dolly's uncle sing. The one who brought her to nashville. Kinda cool. We heard a southern christian group who were very good. I went to dollywood with my friend laura's family 6 years ago and i said then that id love to bring mam there some day. I am so glad we got to go. We ate at TGI Fridays and we had a steak dinner during our outlet shopping day. Mam and Tina treat themselves to that every now and again so i was glad to jump on the band wagon. Mam and Erin went for a walk one of the nights and that really helped erin bond with granny. Erin was being very cold before that which was not very nice. But how do you tell a two year old - 'hey kid? This is your granny. Be sweet to her'?! It will come in time. Mam got to see how funny erin is. Erin has very funny ways that you have to see to believe. honestly. Conor was very sad to say goodbye to granny. He said 'this is a very sad day', to be exact'. ;)

O well. It's over... until next time!
I have a great life here. I really do. But I do miss my family... I told mam that God has been telling me that He gives us new family. The body of Christ is our family. I need to recieve them and quiet honestly - they need to recieve me. God wants us to reach out to those around us and help them to be like the Master. i told mam of people in her church in Ireland that need a mother and I think she would make a great one for them. I'm not there but those poor lonely girls are and they need a loving mother in their life. We do need people with skin on. I can chat to people on the phone but it is very dif when they are sitting in my kitchen. Think about it - who can you reach out to? Who needs to be a part of your family? Ask God to give you His eyes for life's situations. Conor told us that there are 5 people in our family. Mammy, Daddy, Conor, Erin and Hope. Let people in for however long/short God leads.
I have been a part of many families over the years. Thank you to all of the missionairies who helped mold and shape me to follow Christ. Thank you to all the people in my irish church who helped me. May I turn around and do likewise. Life is fun when it's not about me - But about Him. My Saviour. My King. My Friend. My Father - He is my true family.

1 comment:

gbt mops said...

Girl, I've just read a bunch of your posts and I have been in the same struggle. My family is a lot closer than Ireland, of course, but we've been in a different state for 4 1/2 years now and are just now FINALLY feeling connected (but still not like family yet!). Just in time for Jeremy to graduate but hopefully we will get to stay put :) Anyway, glad to know I'm not crazy- that others feel that way too! katie naff