Sunday, April 29, 2012

Best Easter gift!

What to say what to say... First of all the blog world looks different. I am so behind the times! I wrote a post about a great book Money Saving Mom wrote and I cannot find it. She gave it to me for free and I didnt even post about it. I will. I promise. I keep thinking I need James to help me on here and then I forget to ask him. We have added two blessings to our family. I am not talking about pets either. I know some people are into pets but not me. Or James. We got lucky and Conor is allergic to dogs so we have an awesome excuse. Anyway, what I was saying was, God has allowed us to have a wonderful little boy and girl come stay with us. They are gorgeous!! They are brother and sister and I love the fact they get to stay together. Let me back track. On Easter Day I got my first ever foster child. How special. God allowed me to celebrate new life in so many ways that day. I got to watch a 4 month old little boy for a week and he was precious! Well, except for the whole not sleeping through the night business! ;) While he was here, was when my other two blessings came. So, if you are counting that means we had 5 children 4 years old and younger and two of them were little babies. It was busy. But I am not going to lie, I had help! A big shout out to Emily McBride who came over and rocked babies, fed babies, Changed babies and had the magic touch at putting them to sleep. Busy times are wonderful bonding times with whoever will step into your crazy. After all, it is not their crazy. They can stay home and do their own thing. But those who joined me in those few days of crazy ~ Thank you! One friend brought me a meal. I didnt need a meal. BUT I felt verrrry loved by her that she would take the time to do that for me. So now we have two boys and two girls and they are enjoying each other very much. I am giving myself six weeks to get used to a new normal. I have three weeks left. The cutest thing is seeing Conor draw six people in his family. Another adorable thing is watching them all sleep so sweetly. This week James came in with a card from the mail. The card was so pretty. There was 60 dollars in the card and no name! Praise God for His many blessings. What I love about serving God and extending mercy is ~ I have a front row seat in watching God do pretty cool things. I am not doing it. He is! He blesses when we do what He has called us to. So~ how are we doing? Everyone is doing well and James and I feel humbled that God would allow us to love these children on His behalf.

No comments: