Sunday, April 29, 2012

Something Sad

I have to tell you this. You know the way our church youth group goes to the Baptist Community Center every wed and help the kids with their homework and play with them? Well, James got a call from the director Thursday night. She said DSS had come to a house in the neighborhood and took some precious children into care. Pat said she would call James and ask if those precious children could be placed in a family in our church. Pat said "are there any more families in your church that I can give DSS their phone number and send the kids to their house?" Pat really wanted these children to be able to stay together. She didn't want them to be put in different homes and add to their trauma. Sadly, we didn't have anyone to tell her about. It is humbling to receive a phone call from the community asking for help and have to say no... sometimes you have to say no. But I don't think so in this case. Helping the orphans? I don't think so... Pat's phone call came on the heels of an e mail the church received asking for help with foster respite care. It seems like God is doing something in our midst. I am excited to see what God is going to do. I love love love being a part of a church that is growing and listening to the Spirit of God. It is a wonderful thing! I was sad this week that would couldn't help this family and community center but I am excited about what God is preparing us for. Mercy should Triumph within ourselves, our family and our Church.

No comments: