Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Under the Bridge

I have seen some cool 'God' things lately. I have been blessed to hand out food to the homeless. What strikes me each time is how big and scary those men look... But the light and softeness in thier eyes when we reach out. When we say "would you like a sandwhich?". I got to pray for William and ask God to bless him with a job. I got to talk to a lady who has had two children and they have been placed for adoption, living in two different states. I got to talk to a man who fled his home because he is wanted for arrest up there and has three children that he does not see or take care of. God, show these people your love through your Word and please use me in the process.
I saw God work Tuesday morning as we passed out some food and Bible verses. That night we went back to the Rescue Mission. I sat by Davea. She moved here from South Carolina. One of her four children is in Melisa's class. Wow - God. Thank you! Melisa teaches in the inner city school to be love and a light to the children. How awesome you are to lead us to people who desparetley need you. May they be comforted by you, Jesus!
Donita gave a Bible to a man she met in the morning time. He just got out of prision in California and is going through the program at the Mission. He wants to get his GED. He was blessed by Donita's kindness and knows God is blessing him. We are blessed to be a blessing. Let us never forget that.
A man said to me "did I see you in the park on Sunday? you gave me a sandwhich". He said "please remember to pray for me". I was moved that he remembered that small act.
People around us are hurting. People around us do not know the kindness and goodness of the mighty Saviour. Please share the good news of Christ this week.
I was moved to see the activity on facebook from people in our church sunday night. God is getting a hold of hearts. Last night, I saw that a cashier recieved three tracts and an invitation to a movie being shown at our church this saturday. That is so awesome!!! We are listening to the Bible and applying what we know. Yay!
For God so loved the world that HE gave His only begotten Son. That whoever believes in Him should not perish but have EVERLASTING LIFE. John 3:16
I am blessed to Know God and His Word. If you know God and His Word, pass it on friends. Pass it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aisling, I love hearing about how you are showing the love of Christ. May God bless your efforts and see many lives changed!
Love, Cindy S