Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Under the Bridge

We have had a few weeks of under the Bridge ministry since my last post. We have always been blessed by God as He uses us in this ministry. This past Sunday I told Rachel I felt led to go to Friendship Manor, which is a nursing home for the elderly. I told her I didnt feel comfortable going to the park today with out a man with us. To be honest, I was discouraged and tired. I believe God wants me to go out on Sundays to visit the homeless and I bleieve He wants more than me and two teen girls to go. So before we went into the nursing home, we prayed. I said 'Lord, I dont know what this is going to look like but lead us and guide us and we will see what you have for us.' (Those of you who know God - Know He showed up and blessed our hearts!) We walked in the door and there were these beautiful teenage girls there with christmas hats on. They were there to sing to the residents! I was blessed by that because God said 'you are not alone'. Then Rachel K saw someone she knew and that girl told her she was in Teen Challenge. Then Rachel K and Rachel B knew another girl that they had been in school with who was in the program. Rachel B had a picture of this girl on her phone as her screen saver and she had told this girl that her picture would remain on her phone for her nine months of treatment and Rachel would be praying for her all the time. You should have seen the sweet reunion of these friends! I was so blessed. God wanted us there and He wanted us to hug on these teenage girls and cheer them on in their journey of recovery. I walked in carrying a cup of tea because I needed a pick me up - let me tell you, friends, I left singing and praising God because He came and met us there!! It was so awesome! The girls had pictures and candles they had made as well as some jewlery. We got to buy some of their crafts and plan on putting the picture in our Sunday school class to remember to pray for these sweet girls. What did I learn today? Be obedient to God, even when you are unsure of what it is going to look like. Allow Him to lead and be ready to see His miracles. The girls in Teen Challenge are not allowed to talk to people from their past but because it was so random, the teacher allowed them to talk. Random? God!! :0)

No comments: