Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday Morning Outreach

Today was the end of our first season of ladies' outreach. We went to the Mall to hand out candy and say thank you to the cashiers. I bought something in Old Navy and was not brave enough to hand the lady candy and a Bible tract. I was talking to her but was too nervous to do something out of the ordinary - I'm slow sometimes! I met my kids at the mall - their teacher was having them buy christmas presents for a child whose parents are in prision. What a great idea! (the angel trees by the train). I helped them shop for their gifts... I went into the dollar store to buy a big bag for the gifts and while I was there God made me brave. I was able to talk to the cashier about christmas and what his plans where. He said he will not get much time to shop because he is so busy working. I gave him some candy and a Bible tract, along with our christmas program invitation. I said you may not be able to come but maybe your children can. He said he was off sunday night and would like to bring his family to our church. I was delighted! I wont win any prizes for being the most out going christian in the mall today... but I am praying the little I was brave enough to do will be alot for the sake of the Gospel. Little is much when God is in it??
Be brave, friends and ask God how you can be a light in your ordinary activities.
Next season we are going to focus our efforts in three places. The first and fourth tuesdays will be spent at the Baptist Community Center. I will tell you all about that sometime. Our teens go there each wednesday and I am so very proud of them. The second tuesday will be spent at the rescue mission doing various ministries. Our church goes there tuesday nights so we love going and seeing the residents twice in the one day! The third tuesday will be spent at the Roanoke Child Development Center. We have gone there to read to the children and make a craft with them. Our time there was so very precious that we would like to invest into that ministry each month.
God has blessed us with alot of women who have a heart for reaching out. It has been an honor and a blessing to work alongside each of the ladies. May God bless you and if you would like to join us on tuesday mornings from 9 am to 11 am - let me know! We will be starting back Jan 10th :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Aisling,
I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing how God is using you in spreading the Gospel. You are an inspiration to me. Plus I love hearing about the grandchildren.
So very proud of you. Love & Prayers, Cindy (Mom S)