Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Under the Bridge- take 3

Rachel and I got to talk to the two people who asked Jesus to save them the week before. It was so sweet. What I loved was when the man saw Rachel he ran to her and told her where he and the lady were sitting and asked Rachel to come up to them. We were honored to talk to them and I was blessed by how much Rachel had touched their lives the week before.
Then we met this guy who made us think... We told him 'for all have sinned' Romans 3:23. He said 'no, that's not true. I have never sinned'. I told him I have and he said 'well, I know people struggle. Thank you for being honest'. He said Noah, Job and Daniel were perfect. He said 'if we entertain angels unaware then they must come in the form of human beings and are without sin'. I told him my story of how I came to God and told him he had a Bible, a brain - and the Spirit of God would reveal Himself to him. I wasn't there to argue but to spread the Gospel. What was so interesting about this guy was that he had his Bible wrapped in a few plastic bags and the Bible was well worn by him and he knew each story inside and out. He had his sleeping bag rolled up on the top of his bag. This guy was homeless. He had the Word of God and he read it. What would you have said to him?

No comments: