Monday, October 24, 2011

Under the Bridge - take 2

We went back to the park yesterday with more food and more teenagers. We were suprised to find the park not as packed as the week before, so we had to spread out to three different areas which worked out well.
Rachel got to lead two precious people to the Lord - Praise God! Sommer got to talk to a pastor's kid who is living at the Rescue Mission because of bad choices. I got to talk to a man who is new to the area and is in need of finding a church - maybe we were sent to remind him to get in a good church where he can be blessed by God. I also got to talk to two teen guys who told me about all the troubles they have been in lately. It was so sad because these teens had aching hearts. They need someone to love them and guide them. One of them said he didnt care about God until 4 months ago... What a privaledge to be a little light to him and his friend. I hope I see them again. They were very hungry and we were honored to share spiritual and physical food with these precious boys.
Rachel was talking to this scary looking guy so I walked up to support her. This guy was a teddy bear! As he shared his story my heart broke for him. The terrible things that happened to him along the way... The thought I walked away with is - these homeless people are not as scary as I give them credit for. They are lost,sad,scared individuals. They need help. They need help from me. They need help from you. They need Jesus. Will you come and tell them with me?

No comments: