Monday, September 5, 2011

Where did August go????

I can't believe I let August go without saying a single word on here. I am sure you missed me :)
We have had such a great summer that I think I was just busy relaxing... and then I jumped on a plane and headed home to Ireland. It was such a blessing to go home and see my family. I have not been in the same room as my mam and sisters in three years so it was a delight to go to our childhood holiday spot together and laugh!
I have also been busy putting together an event for the ladies of Roanoke. We are hosting the Beth Moore Simulcast Sep 10 - this saturday :0) We are so excited to have over 250 ladies signed up... I think we will have 300 by the end of the week. Beth is speaking about the Love of God. I pray we all grow in our knowledge and relationship with our Heavenly Father this week.
Another ladies' ministry is starting up September 13th. We are going to meet in the Annex, pray for the lost and then go out and share our faith with the lost in our community. It is exciting to me because we are meeting at the same time as the women's Bible study - so we can share childcare. Alot of moms would like to get out in the community but are restricted with their little angels... this gives them/me the oppertunity :)
The kiddos started school a few weeks ago (K3 and K4). They both have Mrs. Jones as their teacher. We love Mrs Jones!
Our church hired a new music pastor and a new family pastor. Both families are precious and I am so very happy to minister along with so many wonderful people. We are blessed. Very blessed to be at SBC!




No comments: