Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Conversations with Conor

"Mom, I want to go to a college where the mommy and daddys come too".

"Daddy, when I'm bigger I'm gonna get a wife and she's gonna have a baby." "Ok, what are you going to name your baby?". "Can I call my baby Erin?" "Yes"... "Daddy, is my wife gonna have another baby?" "maybe" "Ok - Im gonna name my second baby Sammy".

What I think is hilarious is that when he is old enough to get married he is not going to let us decide these huge issues. It makes me to smile to think that when he is older I can look back on this converstaion. Maybe Ill show him this and let him know that he once thought we were the rulers of the world.
I think it is awesome though that my job is to train him to be independent and not to need me but to need God and the wife that I hope will be in his future. - And of course little erin and sammy - ha ha :0)

Conor told me he would like to marry Mrs Jones (his k3 teacher) "but she is already married to Mr Tim" he said sadly! :)

"I know you're married to mommy. That means you will never be alone." great take on marriage, son. love you!

1 comment:

The Harrisons said...

sooo cute and funny :-) I think he takes after mommy - a planner ahead! Eóin takes after me too - doesn't think much further than dinner ;-)