Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Conor - one of my three biggest blessings.

Conor used to wake up each day saying "where are we going today and is anyone coming over?". For the last few weeks he has been asking "Are we staying home today?" and if I say "yes" - he says a very happy "yes!". He says he has a lot of fun at home and loves to play with his toys. He loves Toy Story and acts the movie out most of the day. He used to do that to the movie Cars. It's kinda nice that he likes to be home with me at the moment. When James is home with us, Conor prays ' thanks God that we can all be together'. It is humbling. It is humbling becasue God has given me a beautiful family and the relationship reminds and teaches me so much about Him and how He loves me. I dont deserve my beautiful gift of a family. But God has given them to me and I rejoice. I rejoice in God's goodness and grace and mercy. I can dance thinking of my joyful blessing. God, may i dance in the goodness of trials too. My biggest trial is prob being so far away from Ireland and the people/family there. It is a trail but it is small in reality. I know that. I have been through worse and I am sure you have been too. But, what I want to do is dance through those trials. Because it's all about God. it's all about knowing Him and growing in Him. I am not on a quest to have alot of stuff down here or to "arrive" down here. I'm getting to know the God of the Universe and be who and do whatever He has for me.
Conor, I pray that we will always be close to you and I pray that this house will always be a refuge to you. I pray your heart will be safe here. I love you,son.

1 comment:

Kirstygurl97 said...

Hello. I am a beginner blogger and I was just looking at some people's blogs and when I started reading your blog and I was swept away by just the first few sentences. I hope one day that I can have a wonderful family like the one you describe in your blog. If you could read my blogs I would be greatful! Thank you