Monday, July 11, 2011

1000 Gifts

I told you I read a book called 1000 gifts. The author wrote down 1000 things she was thankful for throughout the year - She said this exercise changed her life, attitude and mindset. Last night, I passed 100 things that I am thankful for. I am enjoying this journey of thankfulness and I love having my thoughts recorded in a journal for my children to read one day.
When I was in Hawaii, I thought I would knock out the 1000 things pretty quick. By the time I got to 35 I was drawing a blank - isnt that terrible?! Each day I like to write down a few things I am thankful for and focus/remember the wonderful things God has done for me and for those around me.
I am not going to post my thankfulness list on here but I will let you know when I reach 1000. I'm the kind of girl who has great (i think so anyway!) ideas... but I forget them the next day or get bored and move on! James has been a wonderful example to me at finishing what you start. I am growing in this area - never too late, right? This post it to encourage you to start your own journey of thankfulness and watch what God has for you in this journey.
'Be thankful at all times and in all things' a verse that conficts me often.

1 comment:

Lifegate Bible Baptist Church said...

Bought the book today! Looking forward to reading it;-)

Tina