Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hawaii - O how I love thee

James and I went away for a very very very fun, short week to Maui, Hawaii. We had soooo much fun! James took me there for my 30th birthday. I told him I would like to go to a Luau for my 30th birthday (dream big, right?). Funny thing? Luau was prob my least fav thing we did - ha! Not a fan of buffet style eating and not a fan of half or more than half naked people. Yes. I am very picky. I did love lying in the hammack afterward listening to the ocean and the live music playing behind us. It was the most beautiful trip I have ever been on and it def was a dream come true.

While I was there I read 'One Thousand Gifts'. A very good book about focusing on giving thanks to God. I had no problem being thankful in Hawaii in a high point of my life. I pray that I will pull that book out in the very low times and choose to be thankful - choose Joy. Awesome trip, Awesome company!

Am I sad that I am 30? No way! I have been waiting to age a little (i know i am still young - don't be offended. you're still young too. relax)... so I could have some 'soap boxes' :) I told James that and he said ' you have been holding back?' haha - heaven help my captive audience :0)
My fav things in Hawaii were the sunsets, snorkeling (i swam with a sea turtle and fell in love) and seeing the dolphins. The dolphins did all the tricks you see them do in shows. I was blessed to see these dolphins play happily in the wild. So beautiful! They were doing all sorts of flips and a few of them waved at me :) Yes. I am still smiling.
Did I miss my kids? of course. But they were in great hands and I enjoyed the special time with James. First time we have gone away for fun - no conference invited. Best Birthday Everrrrrr!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out load at James's "you've been holding back" comment! LOVE IT! I am so glad Hawaii was everything you wanted it to be.

The Harrisons said...

Glad you had a great birthday :-)

eanthony4507 said...

So glad you had a good time! Hawaii is on my list. It looks beautiful :)