Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It has been too long since my last update! Michiana to Virginia one last time.

Good Bye Granger House
My two brave babies



Erin Grace is turning two years old in less than two weeks and i feel the need to share on here what she and conor have been up to over the last year and two months! wow - sorry guys (conor and erin) for getting so behind! why did i stop updating? well, i blame facebook bc i can put my pics on there. And, to be honest, it's been a rough/busy year!

We happily moved from michiana (michigan, indiana) to work in a bigger church with a lot more staff and more wisdom/oppertunities to glean from. This church has a christian school so now our children get to attend there and i dont have to homeschool (big sigh of relief for everyone involved!) So we are happy to live in Roanoke, Va.

I have moved many times so why would this move be different? Well, i shared the birth of my children with my cbc friends and my first few years of marriage with them. They grew to be my family. I came to love (most of) them very much!

There was Jeannie and her family who loved my kids and would do anything for us and we would do anything for them! She watched my kids so much for me so i wouldnt go insane! She watched Conor for me while we were in the hospital having erin. She brought Conor to visit us which is a very special memory. She was the first one to share in our joy to see erin. I didnt want many visitors bc to me im in the hospital for a reason - leave me alone. But seeing Jeannie was like seeing family and a memory i cherish. My mam planned on being there for both births but each time the kiddos came early and mam missed it (i went into labor with conor while mam was flying from ireland. by the time she landed, conor was born!). So its a little lonely to birth a baby and have no family to share in the joy. Jeannie was my "family" and def cheered me up. One time conor was running in a restaurant. He fell and broke his front tooth. It was scary to see blood coming from his mouth. What did we do? we drove to Jeannie's to be reassured that everything was ok. Jeannie - an angel in disguise. That's how i see her.

I have sweet memories for so many from cbc. My mommy freinds (girls i was preg with and our kids shared their first memories together). Mary and Josh who we shared the youth group with. If we had any prob in the house or with our car - Josh fixed it and we would celebrate with pizza or chinese! Mary - this woman can do everything and can do it all well! A great friend with a heart larger than life. Mary H. who would come to my house and pray with me each monday. That woman kept me from depression and kept me seeing God's big picture manys a time. Ben and Bailey's family who thought our kids were rock stars and they made conor a special blanket before we left. That fire fighter blanket is on his bed and makes me think of that sweet family each night. There was so many old people! That might sound rude but wow - so much wisdom in one room!! I honestly had not been around older christians before. I came from Ireland where I did not know one Christian older than 50 so to have their influence was very special to me. So when I think of CBC, i think of the many blessings and the amazing learning oppertunity. I miss my friends. Conor misses his freinds too. He talks about Titus all the time. Maybe bc we lived with him for a week before we moved and maybe he thought that was his new life? I dont know but I do feel bad for him. A few times I have heard him mention other kids to be his best friend. Skylar, Trevor, Elijah and for that I am grateful.

I am making new friends and for that I am very thankful too. I had a couple that were like family but God has moved them away already (how rude!) jk :0) Bonding takes time and people that feel like family are a rare gem but Im open and know God has always provided and is in the midst of providing. I remember my first year at CBC. I walked into the church office where Hannah, Mary and Joy were talking. I walked out feeling so alone. My brother told me to give it a year and I would feel at home there. That was good advice and I have kept that in mind in this new State too. Sometimes I think it is very odd to live in a place where James and I have no blood family. But most times I feel honored and blessed to know my need for God. I need God for so many things because I cant ask family to jump in. James and I need each other so much more too. We make concious efforts for family fun time. We have many blessings here and i will tell you kids about it in the posts to come. Our new house, Conor's school, Conor and Erin's awesome ss teachers and wed night workers who love them very much. We are blessed.

Well, now that I have shared those precious memories (to me!), I am ready to go on. Ready to tell you what the kids have been up to over the last year! You prob already know but I want to document it so Conor and Erin can look back on their early days. Erin, you have been such a cute, fun addition to our family. We love you and are so proud of you and your big brother. You dont seem to miss CBC - you didnt skip a beat. You have Conor and thats all you need ;) I hope you two keep up your beautiful friendship. I tell Conor that daddy would take care of his little sister, ruthie, and make her happy too (so grandma and james tell me - i obviousally wasnt there). He loves being like daddy and loves his little sister.

Well, a year and two months later, here's to new beginnings!! I love my little family and I love the God who gave me you!

1 comment:

Hearts Surrendered to our Awesome God said...

Well, I am certainly thankful you moved here!

-always blessed by you.