Monday, December 21, 2009

The next step in our journey



Since I do not have facebook in my apartment and really miss it I thought I would get on my blog and share how our family are doing. Dec 6, our family moved from Granger,IN to Roanoke, VA. We were blessed to have two great men who helped James drive the U HAUL with all our belongings to our new home over the thanksgiving holiday. So when we moved on the 6th, we came together in our car and all the hard part was already done (moving boxes, etc.) We were very sad to leave all our friends up north but excited to be closer to Aisling's family down south and ready to meet our new friends at Shenandoah Baptist Church, Roanoke VA! Conor and Erin Grace share a bedroom. I think they like it. We bought a little christmas tree for Conor and his little people manger scene fits nicely under it. He thinks it is great! I asked him what would he like for christmas and he said a firetruck so that is what he is getting. I put some gifts in his stocking and am excited for him to have his gifts christmas morning. Every morning for the last week or so he has asked if it is christmas yet? I say no and he says 'then i have to wait for my fire truck'. Fun times. He also says 'it's not MY birthday. It is Jesus' birthday. But I get a firetruck'. True statement :) He really wants a firetruck because we spent a week with the Devlins and Titus has a firetruck or two (his dad is a firefighter). Today - for the whole day - we have been playing 'the Devlin family'. He says his name is Titus, Erin is Makayla and so on. When I ask where Conor is, he says he lives far away. I think he is obsessed with Titus :) He likes his new class at church. They have a train table which is pretty cool but he did let me know that there was no tractor ( a fav toy in his old nursery). They have swings hanging from the ceiling in Conor's class and Erin's. Erin seems to really like her nursery and the ladies think she is cute and funny. She was singing for them the last day which they liked.
We were going to stay put for the Christmas but we changed our mind and decided to go to my brother's house and visit my friend Dayna and her family for Christmas. We feel very blessed to be a part of this church and blessed that we get to be with a lot of loved ones at Christmas time. My mom will come to visit me soon and the girls will not be far behind her (the last part is wishfull thinking). Did I say we are staying in the church apartment and are very happy to be able to save for a decent down payment and hopefully buy a house in the summer time. Well, that is some of what has been going on with us. I do not even know if I have any readers left but for those of you that are wondering how wer are doing and if we survived the move? Yes we did and we are very happy. They say there is more to life than happiness but I enjoy being happy and am glad to report that everyday I find myself saying - wow - I couldnt be happier.

No comments: